Wherein, I rat myself out.
One of the great things about New Year’s resolutions is that, by this time of year, everyone has forgotten that you ever made any.
But I did make some (HERE), and the idea was to work towards them all. So with half the year behind me, it’s time to see how I’m doing.
My goals for 2017 were:
- Lose the last 20 pounds (be The Guy)
- Keep my blood glucose within ADA ranges and work toward the lower ranges
- Maintain a minimum of 150 active minutes a week
UPDATE – I’m actually doing all right on these. Weight continues down, blood glucose is going down and I’m averaging way above the active minutes. WIN!
- Add six more songs to my guitar competence list
- Finish a writing project
- Create a minimum of one good photo a month
UPDATE – Ummm. On the guitar front, I began the year with “frozen shoulder” which made holding the guitar painful. I have begun to work my way back on that one. Working on the writing projects. The photo goal has been a bust. NEEDS WORK
- Bike the Cap2Cap from Richmond to Williamsburg
- Explore the parks nearby
- Log a minimum of 1000 miles on the bike
UPDATE – Some progress made on this one. So for this point of the year – WIN
- Visit five more historical sites
- Go to the beach at least twice
- Visit 20 wineries
UPDATE – No, no and no. NEEDS WORK
Real Life Goals:
- Find a new job
- Find a new church home
- Get involved with community group(s)
UPDATE – Not yet, YES!!!!, and not yet. Call this one a PUSH
So it’s two wins, two needs works, and a push. With lots of time to get things turned around. Not where I had hoped to be, but I’m OK with it for the moment. Where are you on yours for 2017?